The annual awards are given to three member funeral homes based on feedback from the families they served over the past year.
The Order of the Golden Rule is proud to announce this year’s nominees for the Exemplary Service Awards.
These member firms are being recognized for the outstanding customer service they provide to families during their time of loss. Each one has been selected based on comments families gave through OGR’s Family Contact Program. Three winners will be chosen from this list of nominees and recognized at OGR’s Golden Circle Celebration, a virtual awards ceremony scheduled for Thursday, April 29.
“The loss of a loved one is never easy, but the pandemic caused additional complications as families were forced in many cases to mourn without traditional services. These awards acknowledge member firms for their service to families during extraordinary circumstances,” said OGR Executive Director Wendy King. “It is clear that all of these nominees conduct their business by the Golden Rule by always remembering that families come first.”
2021 Exemplary Service Award Nominees
- Anderson Funeral & Cremation – Belvidere, Illinois
- Askew-Houser Funeral Home – Nanty Glo, Pennsylvania
- Brunswick Memorial Home – East Brunswick, New Jersey
- Chambers & Grubbs – Independence, Kentucky
- Freitag Funeral Home – Bridgeton, New Jersey
- Harrod Brothers Funeral Home – Frankfort, Kentucky
- Heafey-Hoffman-Dworak-Cutler – Omaha, Nebraska
- Jakubs-Waite Funeral Home – Eastlake, Ohio
- Kolssak Funeral Home, Ltd. – Wheeling, Illinois
- Montgomery & Steward Funeral Directors, Inc. – Pueblo, California
- Owens Livingston Mortuary – Show Low, Arizona
- Plummer Funeral Services – Litchfield, Illinois
- Russell Colonial Funeral Home – Saint Clair, Missouri
- R.W. Walker Funeral Home – Plattsburgh, New York
- Schoppenhorst, Underwood & Brooks Funeral Home, Inc. – Shepherdsville, Kentucky
- Shaughnessey-Banks Funeral Home, LLC – Fairfield, Connecticut
- Singleton Funeral & Cremation – Glen Burnie, Maryland
- Stewart Family Funeral Home – Tyler, Texas
- Strunk Funeral Homes – Vero Beach, Florida
- Thomas Funeral Home, PA – Cambridge, Maryland
- Wenner Funeral Home – Cold Spring, Minnesota
- Zwick & Jahn Funeral Home – Decatur, Indiana
Each year, the Exemplary Service Award is given to three of the year’s nominees. The Family Contact Program used to obtain family feedback is an exclusive OGR member benefit. For more information, visit OGR.org/Family-Contact
About the Order of the Golden Rule
Founded in 1928, OGR is an association of independently owned and operated funeral homes throughout North America and overseas that share common goals of exemplary service, uncompromising care and compassion to families in their time of need. For more information, visit OGR.org.