The International Memorialization Supply Association (IMSA) is proud to announce a new Code of Ethics.
With the support of an Advisory Committee made of IMSA members, the Code of Ethics was created to differentiate its supplier members. This initiative reflects the association’s commitment to serving the industry based on a shared set of values while differentiating IMSA members in the marketplace.
“The Code of Ethics created will serve as a great set of standards for IMSA and its members, and will continue to provide the funeral profession with leading best practices,” said David Yearsley, ethics advisory committee member, founder and ceo of Ensure-A-Seal and past president of IMSA.
CODE OF ETHICS
IMSA Members Agree To:
- Strive to improve our industry by providing the highest quality products and services and freely sharing our knowledge and expertise.
- Always follow the relevant law (local, state, federal, and international) where we are living and working.
- Conduct business with integrity, honesty, and fairness, both in fact and in appearance.
- Engage in fair transparent sales and encourage free competition by clearly communicating pricing information, product specifications, and scope of work for services.
- Conduct business in a way that is mindful of the customer’s best interest and the communities they serve.
- Carry out responsibilities and conduct oneself in a manner that brings respect and dignity to the profession.
- Treat clients, colleagues, suppliers, and fellow IMSA members with courtesy and respect.
- Provide an environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all individuals are treated with respect and dignity, can contribute fully and have equal opportunities regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, disability, age, marital status, or socioeconomic status.
- Acknowledge and respect the sensitive nature of our industry by maintaining in confidence the affairs of any clients, colleagues, suppliers or organization and not disclosing confidential information obtained in the course of professional activities.
- Hold each other accountable and be held accountable for abiding by this Code of Ethics.
The International Memorialization Supply Association (IMSA) is an organization of companies committed to supplying quality products and services to the funeral profession. IMSA’s primary responsibility is to ensure cemetery and funeral professionals have greater access to supplier products and services that are providing leading best practices and standards in the industry.
For more information on IMSA or to become a member please visit www.imsa-online.org.