The International Order of the Golden Rule is gathering some of the death care industry’s top thought leaders for a Digital Dialogue Series.
The Order of the Golden Rule is excited to announce a Digital Dialogue Series to help funeral homes across the country and around the world find new opportunities to better serve their community.
The COVID-19 pandemic created a sudden shift in how funeral homes serve families. Many traditional methods for hosting visitations and funerals have been limited, but this limitation paved the way for innovation that can help death care professionals better serve families moving forward.
“This has been a difficult time for Golden Rule Funeral Homes and funeral homes everywhere as they balance the health and wellness of the families they serve with helping them grieve their loved ones,” said Emilie Perkins, OGR’s education and events director. “This new Digital Dialogue Series is designed to offer concrete steps and new tools to help lead funeral homes into that new future.”
The series has also been split across four days over the course of two weeks so attendees can balance this learning opportunity with the increased demand presented by the pandemic.
- Tuesday, July 28
- 3 p.m. – 5 p.m. EDT: What’s Ahead: A Look at What COVID-19 Means for Your Funeral Home (sponsored by Matthews Aurora Funeral Solutions)
- Thursday, July 30
- 3 p.m. – 3:55 p.m. EDT: How to Harness New Technologies Well
- 4:05 p.m. – 5 p.m. EDT: Pivot and Prevail: How to Craft and Share a Message when Margins are Tight, Funerals aren’t Valued and Social Distancing is the Norm
- Tuesday, Aug. 4
- 3 p.m. – 3:55 p.m. EDT: Lessons Learned from COVID-19: Funeral Directors in Pandemic Hot Spots Share Their Experiences
- 4:05 p.m. – 5 p.m. EDT: Pivot and Prevail: A 3D Approach to Shifting Your Perspective on Wellness & Wellbeing
- Thursday, Aug. 6
- 3 p.m. – 3:55 p.m. EDT: Serving Families Through Delayed Grief: Opportunities to Serve and Connect with Your Community (sponsored by Full-Circle Aftercare)
- 4:05 p.m. – 5 p.m. EDT: Ideas Exchange: Find Solutions to Your Biggest Challenges
More details about each session and the presenters can be found at OGR.org/DDS.
All eight hours are free for OGR members. Non-members can register for $75 per hour, or $399 for all eight. The entire series has been approved for continuing education credit by most state regulatory agencies. Find the full list at OGR.org/CEs.
About the Order of the Golden Rule
Founded in 1928, OGR is an association of independent funeral homes throughout North America and overseas that share common goals of exemplary service, uncompromising care and compassion to families in their time of need. For more information, visit www.ogr.org.