Media, PA—ASD – Answering Service for Directors is currently working with a group of more than one hundred funeral homes to beta test the company’s new MobileFH™ Texting feature. This game-changing mobile feature allows funeral professionals to send and receive text messages on their cell phone using the funeral home’s business phone number as the sending number or any other associated company number, including toll-free numbers.
Key benefits of MobileFH™ Texting:
- Ensures that families and contacts are using the right contact phone number when sending sensitive information to the funeral home via text message
- Gives on-call funeral directors more freedom to conduct business on the go without giving out their personal cell phone numbers
- Allows funeral home owners and managers to easily review their staff’s text message exchanges with families
- Allows the entire funeral home office (rather than just one on-call director) to receive text messages, photos and important documents, ensuring coordinated customer interactions.
- Provides a log of all text messages, including photos, that can be easily accessed anytime within the ASD Mobile app
These combined benefits empower funeral home teams to provide an enhanced level of customer service to their community. ASD’s Technical Team created MobileFH™ Texting in-house specifically to support on-call funeral directors by helping to facilitate mobile communications. The feature works by connecting the funeral home’s office number to the ASD Mobile app.
In December, ASD sent out a prerelease invitation to clients asking them to join ASD’s sneak-peek beta program. Over the past several months, ASD has been working closely with these funeral homes to gather feedback and their firsthand accounts of using the feature. This process ensures MobileFH™ Texting meets the needs of funeral directors and is compatible with all devices. The feature will first be released to Apple iOS users with an Android-compatible version soon to follow.
“When cellular technology was first introduced, it provided directors with more freedom than they had ever enjoyed in the past, but it also introduced a new host of on-call dilemmas. Its no wonder so many funeral professionals struggle with compassion fatigue and burn out; it’s pretty difficult to separate your personal life from your professional life when you’re receiving text messages from families on your night off,” says ASD’s Vice President and Family-Member Owner, Kevin Czachor. “We analyzed this problem and developed a solution specifically to help on-call funeral directors while improving the funeral home’s overall communication. MobileFH™ Texting is truly a win-win-win for everyone!”
ASD – Answering Service for Directors has created a new class of answering service for the funeral profession. Family owned and operated since 1972, ASD blends state-of-the-art technology with an extensive, 6-month training program focusing on compassionate care. The company’s custom-built communication systems and sophisticated mobile tools were designed solely to meet the needs of funeral professionals. By offering funeral directors unmatched protection for their calls, ASD has redefined the role of an answering service for funeral homes. For more information, visit www.myASD.com or call 1-800-868-9950.